Real Benefits, Real Simply
For Building Managers
- Our solutions do not require capital expenses
- Reduces annual chemical cleaning costs
for coils (system pays for itself)
- Reduces day to day running costs
- Reduces chemicals on site
- Ensures compliance with AS 3666.4.2011
For Tenants and Customers
- Improve employee health
- Improve working environment
- Improve customers experience
- Reduce risk of widespread employee illness
- Hygienic production environment
What is Sick Building Syndrome (S.B.S)
The term “sick building syndrome” is used to describe situations in which the occupants of the building experience acute health and comfort effects that appear to be linked to time spent in the building.
Complaints can be localized to one particular room or office, or may be widespread throughout the building. Causes of sick building syndrome can be related back to biological contaminants such as bacteria, moulds, pollen and viruses.
There are several ways these contaminants can enter the building
- Through fresh intakes on the air conditioning system.
- Through open doors and windows.
- Transmitted from building occupants or visitors.
- Growth of mould and bacteria within an air conditioning system.
Sick Building Syndrome biological contaminant symptoms
- Difficulty concentrating
- Eye, nose and throat irritation.
- Muscle aches
- Upper repertory congestion
Unfortunately, Commercial Air Conditioning systems are often the perfect breeding
grounds for mould and bacteria.
- Not Not seen by people
Cleaning improves airflow
= less energy to run
Did you know that Australian standards also require a certain amount of airflow?
Before and After Air Flow l/s
Data taken from Actron 70kw SAC70C System
Total supply air improvement of 96%
Examples of the types of mould the grow in air con systems in Australia.
That damp smell your customers or employees feel is probably a result of mould in your commercial air conditioning system.